Looking for a place to stay cool and have some fun? Come out to the Kenora Rotary Splash Park!!
It’s FREE for everyone of all abilities to enjoy!
Norman Park – corner of Minnesota Street and Lakeview Drive (behind Dairy Queen and Lake of the Woods Railroaders Museum)
Splash Park is open from mid June to mid September, between 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. – unless otherwise posted.
Single vehicles – Norman Park lot and Kinsmen Community Centre lot – day use only
Vehicles with trailers – Lake of the Woods Discovery Centre lot – 4 hour maximum – day use only
Bay Street – 24 hour maximum
No parking on Minnesota Street
Surface level splash area
Pathway to washroons and Norman Beach
While enjoying the fun at the Splash Park, please be courteous to all others and always follow the City of Kenora Parks Rules and Regulations.
Remember: Pets are not permitted on City beaches, sports fields, playgrounds, gardens or green space areas, including the Splash Park.
- The splash pad is NOT supervised. Use splash pad at your own risk.
- NO vaping or smoking.
- Children under the age of 10 must be suervisxred by a parent or guardian at all times.
- The splash pad is for play purposes. Animals and bathing are strictly prohibited.
- Age appropriate swimear must be worn at all times by all users.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear a swim diaper.
- NO glass containers, food, chewing gum, or beverages are allowed in the splash pad or in the area immediately surrounding the wading pool.
- NO street shoes are allowed on the splash pad area. Water shoes or sandals are recommended.
- Recreational water is not intended for drinking.
- Do NOT enter the splash pad if you have an open sore or rash, or are experiencing nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- No person shall pollute the water in the splash pad or dispense of pollutants in any manner or in the area immediately surrounding the splash pad.
- No person shall engage in boisterous play in or about the splash pad.
- Do not hang or climb from the splash pad equipment.
- Damaging or defacing any park equipment may be punishable by law and result in a permanent ban from the facility.
- Call 807-467-2044 for maintenance or in the case of an emergency dial 911.
The Kenora Rotary Splash Park was built in partnership with the City of Kenora, Northwestern Health Unit (NWHU) and Kenora Association for Community Living (KACL) to commemorate 100 years of service of the Rotary Club to the City and surrounding area. The Rotary Club of Kenora wanted to give something back to our community in appreciation for all the support they have received over the years. They really wanted to make a BIG SPLASH. The Splash Park, featuring a lake life theme, is completely inclusive and accessible to all ages with varying abilities.
The project was made possible by a grant from Ontario Trillium Foundation, through successful fundraising campaigns by the Rotary Club of Kenora, and many generous local sponsors. Be sure to check out the sponsor board next time you are at the park!